Skip to main content

INTRODUCTION POST

Source: https://dm0qx8t0i9gc9.cloudfront.net/thumbnails/video/H8WuRINimqur8ud/introduction-word-intro-word-intro_bxbepgas_thumbnail-1080_01.png

 Hello, in this post I will introduce my degree, Cyber Security BSc (Hons), and the university I am studying at, DMU.


I chose DMU because it was the top school among five universities that offer cybersecurity at a bachelor’s level. I also liked the diversity of DMU, which has a high percentage of international students.


DMU has been great so far. The computing tutors are helpful and understanding to everyone. My degree consists of three years of study, with four modules each year.


The first-year modules are Foundation of Computing and Cyber Security, Endpoint Security, Secure Coding, and Business Infrastructure and Security.


The second-year modules are Secure Scripting and Business Applications, Incident Response and Cyber Threat Intelligence, Penetration Testing, and Industrial Cryptography.


The third-year modules are Malware and Attacker Techniques, Cyber-Physical Systems Security, and the Final Project. There are also some optional modules, such as Cyber Security and Social Responsibility, Artificial Intelligence for Cyber Security, and Digital Forensics and Cyber Crime Investigation.


The modules that interest me the most are Endpoint Security and Penetration Testing. After I finish my degree, I would like to work at Cisco and then return to my country and start a cybersecurity consulting company. I think DMU can help me achieve my goals by providing me with quality education and exposure to successful figures in the industry. In the next ten years, I hope to see myself running a successful cybersecurity unicorn company and securing many businesses and governments from cyber attacks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ESSAY (MAIN BODY)

Hi, in this blog I would be showing you my essay's main body. The body talks more about AI in endpoint security and its functionalities/application in endpoint security. It also touches on the benefits of AI in endpoint security. 

Software (Example) - Kali Linux

Now I would be showing an example of how to use Kali Linux. Kali Linux is mainly a command-line OS so what you can see down here is a terminal which is where you enter the commands. There is an example of a command I entered in the terminal contained in the YELLOW BOX  the purpose of the command is to change the user from user perfect to user root which is an admin user with all access. The area contained in a RED BOX tells you the current user mode you are in and your current directory. Now to File , when you click on the files button as shown below it brings many options to choose from like open a new tab, close the tab or quit. The next is Actions , when you click on the actions button it also brings options like clear active terminal, find, split terminal horizontally or vertically, and so on. The next is Edit , which allows you to choose from options like copy, paste and zoom. Although all these can be done with command shortcuts these are alternatives. The View button, as...

Software (Overview) - Kali Linux

    Kali Linux. https://www.generacionyrd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/KALI-LINUX.jpg What type of software is it? I would be talking about a software called Kali Linux which is highly useful software in ethical hacking. Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution specifically designed for digital forensics and penetration testing. It is a specialized operating system built for security professionals and enthusiasts which makes it a system software. What is the general purpose of the software? The general purpose of Kali Linux is to provide a comprehensive platform for conducting penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, digital forensics, and security auditing. It offers a wide range of tools and utilities that aid in analysing systems for potential vulnerabilities and identifying security weaknesses. What is its application area? The primary application area of Kali Linux is in the field of cybersecurity. It is used by security professionals, ethical hackers, and...