Skip to main content

INTRODUCTION POST

Source: https://dm0qx8t0i9gc9.cloudfront.net/thumbnails/video/H8WuRINimqur8ud/introduction-word-intro-word-intro_bxbepgas_thumbnail-1080_01.png

 Hello, in this post I will introduce my degree, Cyber Security BSc (Hons), and the university I am studying at, DMU.


I chose DMU because it was the top school among five universities that offer cybersecurity at a bachelor’s level. I also liked the diversity of DMU, which has a high percentage of international students.


DMU has been great so far. The computing tutors are helpful and understanding to everyone. My degree consists of three years of study, with four modules each year.


The first-year modules are Foundation of Computing and Cyber Security, Endpoint Security, Secure Coding, and Business Infrastructure and Security.


The second-year modules are Secure Scripting and Business Applications, Incident Response and Cyber Threat Intelligence, Penetration Testing, and Industrial Cryptography.


The third-year modules are Malware and Attacker Techniques, Cyber-Physical Systems Security, and the Final Project. There are also some optional modules, such as Cyber Security and Social Responsibility, Artificial Intelligence for Cyber Security, and Digital Forensics and Cyber Crime Investigation.


The modules that interest me the most are Endpoint Security and Penetration Testing. After I finish my degree, I would like to work at Cisco and then return to my country and start a cybersecurity consulting company. I think DMU can help me achieve my goals by providing me with quality education and exposure to successful figures in the industry. In the next ten years, I hope to see myself running a successful cybersecurity unicorn company and securing many businesses and governments from cyber attacks.

Comments