Skip to main content

SOFTWARE/HARDWARE SKILLS

 

Source: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.fb97e047a365e1b5b5e67239714e5d18?rik=pcqpDcFeKqE%2bLw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Hello, in this post I will be sharing my current IT skills and experiences.


My interest in computing started at an early age and I was fortunate to have a laptop at home when I was just six years old. I quickly became familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel, and even experimented with PowerPoint, although at that time, computer-based presentations were not widely used in my country.


When I was 13, I watched some tutorials on YouTube on how to hack Wi-Fi passwords and managed to obtain my school's Wi-Fi password and iPad restriction code. Unfortunately, this resulted in a controversial situation where I was recognized for my technical abilities but also punished for being unethical and causing the school financial loss.


At 14, I started learning JavaScript and Python but had to focus on my high school final exams and didn't work on many projects. By the time I was 17, I created my first website using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I also got a domain name and hosted the website. I am proficient in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python, and have worked with frameworks like ReactJS, NodeJS, and Django. I have some knowledge of databases, including MySQL and MongoDB.


In 2022, I focused more on cybersecurity and networking, using software such as Kali Linux, Cisco Packet Tracer, and Microsoft Azure, among others. Although I have not used any specific cybersecurity hardware, I am aware that we will be using hardware such as Raspberry Pi and dongles during our penetration testing module. We will also be working with software like Linux, Ubuntu, Wireshark, Azure, Kubernetes, and more.


These tools will be particularly helpful in our cybersecurity activities, as many tasks are performed on the command line, and Linux is a preferred platform for this purpose. Additionally, Azure will be useful in our secure coding sessions, as it will provide hands-on experience with secure coding and vulnerability libraries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ESSAY (MAIN BODY)

Hi, in this blog I would be showing you my essay's main body. The body talks more about AI in endpoint security and its functionalities/application in endpoint security. It also touches on the benefits of AI in endpoint security. 

Software (Example) - Kali Linux

Now I would be showing an example of how to use Kali Linux. Kali Linux is mainly a command-line OS so what you can see down here is a terminal which is where you enter the commands. There is an example of a command I entered in the terminal contained in the YELLOW BOX  the purpose of the command is to change the user from user perfect to user root which is an admin user with all access. The area contained in a RED BOX tells you the current user mode you are in and your current directory. Now to File , when you click on the files button as shown below it brings many options to choose from like open a new tab, close the tab or quit. The next is Actions , when you click on the actions button it also brings options like clear active terminal, find, split terminal horizontally or vertically, and so on. The next is Edit , which allows you to choose from options like copy, paste and zoom. Although all these can be done with command shortcuts these are alternatives. The View button, as...

Software (Overview) - Kali Linux

    Kali Linux. https://www.generacionyrd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/KALI-LINUX.jpg What type of software is it? I would be talking about a software called Kali Linux which is highly useful software in ethical hacking. Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution specifically designed for digital forensics and penetration testing. It is a specialized operating system built for security professionals and enthusiasts which makes it a system software. What is the general purpose of the software? The general purpose of Kali Linux is to provide a comprehensive platform for conducting penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, digital forensics, and security auditing. It offers a wide range of tools and utilities that aid in analysing systems for potential vulnerabilities and identifying security weaknesses. What is its application area? The primary application area of Kali Linux is in the field of cybersecurity. It is used by security professionals, ethical hackers, and...